Remove Unwanted Hair
IPL® Hair Removal uses non-invasive light therapy to eliminate undesired hair from most parts of the body.
The system’s unique design, using full spectrum light rather than only one narrow laser wavelength, offers customized treatment according to your hair color, hair texture and body site.
IPL® Hair Removal offers permanent hair reduction, unlike shaving, depilatory creams and waxing which produce only temporary reduction.
- A series of four to six treatment sessions are scheduled several months apart.
- A cool gel and a hand-held treatment unit are gently applied to the skin.
- Pulses of high intensity light safely penetrate the skin and destroy hundreds of hair follicles simultaneously.
- As the gel is removed, much of the hair is wiped away. The remaining hair in the treated area falls out within a week or two.
- No anesthesia or pain medication is required.
Who can be treated?
- Most people with dark unwanted hair can be treated.
- Pigment in the skin can interfere with treatment and cause burning, so patients with dark skin or suntans should not be treated.
Find out more
- Schedule a complimentary consultation to learn if IPL® Hair Removal is right for you.
- The staff at the Cary Aesthetic Center has years of experience with Intense Pulsed Light® Hair Removal.
- For more information, call the Cary Aesthetic Center at Cary Dermatology at (919) 469-4850.