Cary Dermatology Blog
Posts for: November, 2017
As winter approaches, air cools and becomes less humid. Now is the time to winterize your skin, just as you might winterize your car or house.
- Start moisturizing now, to minimize your risk when winter sets in. Dry skin is often more sensitive skin.
- Moisturize at least once a day, as soon as you are done showering. A moistruizing wash in the shower can also help.
- The drier your skin, the thicker the moisturizer you should use. Lotions are thinner than creams which are thinner than ointments.
- Look for products containing ceramide, an ingredient that helps replace the skins natural oils.
- Take warm showers rather than hot showers in the winter.
- Just because it is cold, do not forget your daily facial sunscreen. UVA rays are constant year round.
If you have questions about which products to use this winter, call for your free consultation at the Cary Aesthetic Center. We are here to help.